Friday, April 13, 2012

Literary speculation

Oryx and Crake was an interesting readbut sadly I just couldn't get into it. I was quickly tired it with Snowman's monologues, they bored me. The idea behind it seemed interesting but too much of it was in someones head and I felt like nothing was going on. It seems like one of those books you either love or hate.
Videodrome was definitely an odd movie. It felt like a bad acid trip (not that I know what an acid trip feels like but I imagine a bad one would be something like the movie). It reminded me of the time when you are just waking from a dream and you are not sure whether or not it is reality. It would be a frightening place to be in because we as humans hate to be lost and not knowing whats going on. We have a need to always be in the know and believe that we are right about everything. No one is right in this movie, everyone has their own motives but nothing is really justified.

No comments:

Post a Comment